March held in Montreal for victims of Burkina Faso attacks

Written by admin on 15/08/2019 Categories: 长沙夜网

MONTREAL –  In the aftermath of the terrorist attacks that killed six Quebecers in Ouagadougou last week, the Burkinabe Association of Greater Montreal organised a march Saturday to honour the victims and condemn the violent act.

READ MORE: 6 Quebecers killed in Burkina Faso terror attack identified

ChangSha Night Net

Related

  • Husband of Burkina Faso attack victim says he hung up on Justin Trudeau

  • Mother of Burkina Faso victim urges Trudeau to step up terror fight

  • 3 days of mourning begins in Burkina Faso

    “Some people in the community contacted us to say we have to do something to show other people from Canada, from Quebec here, that we’re gonna be with them during this hard period,” said Aziz Daboné, the association’s president.

    Members of the community held signs with the names of each of the victims and vowed they would never forget them.

    Demonstrators sang the Burkinabe national anthem, before observing a minute of silence in memory of the many lives lost last week.

    “We are here today to show our compassion to all the family and the friends of the victims of what happened in Ouagadougou on January 15,” said Mahamadi Savadogo, who took part in the demonstration.

    The march started at 11 a.m. at Place-des-Arts metro station at the corner of Jeanne-Mance Street and President-Kennedy Avenue, and ended at noon at Place Émilie-Gamelin.

    Though the attention was turned to last week’s Ouagadougou attacks, demonstrators say the march was also an act of solidarity with victims of terrorism around the world.

    “There is not ideology to kill people for free,” said  Ada Nayihouba, who was born and raised in the Burkinabe capital. “So we are against that way of living. That is why we are here this morning.”

    Montreal police were informed of the march and took all the necessary precautions to ensure the smooth-running of the event.

    WATCH BELOW: Burkina Faso terror attacks

    Husband of Burkina Faso victim speaks out

    02:25

    Husband of Burkina Faso victim speaks out

    00:18

    Trudeau addresses phone call with husband of Burkina Faso victim who hung up on him

    02:06

    Couillard on Burkina Faso, Indonesia

    02:13

    Justin Trudeau offers condolences for Burkina Faso victims

    02:56

    6 Quebecers killed in Burkina Faso terror attacks

    02:25

    6 Canadians killed in attacks in Burkina Faso

    02:21

    At least 20 people are reported dead in Burkina Faso’s capital

    01:03

    Popular hotel part of attack on Burkina Faso’s capital



Comments Off on March held in Montreal for victims of Burkina Faso attacks